Our Mission Statement
The public transportation program of the Accomack-Northampton Transportation District Commission. Exists to provide safe reliable and cost efficient general public transportation services to the residents of the Eastern Shore
STAR Transit is overseen by a Board of Directors who are appointed by the Board of Supervisors for Accomack and Northampton Counties (3 appointees each). Each Board Members serves at the discretion of the appointing County. The day to day operation of the system is managed by Virginia Regional Transit, a private non-profit 501(3)(c) organization. Virginia Regional Transit has a Regional Transit Director who is responsible for the management of STAR Transit.
Rules to ride
- Smoking, profanity, eating and drinking of food in open containers are prohibited on buses.
- NO animals, except service animals, permitted on buses.
- NO standing in front of white or yellow line or in the stairwells.
- Shirts and shoes are required for all passengers.
- Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not observing regulations or whose behavior is hazardous to passengers or vehicular safety.
- Carry-on items are limited to what passengers can bring and take off the bus by themselves in one trip.
- When using cell phones, please be considerate. Speak quietly when conversing with other passengers or when using a cell phone.
- Headphones are required for portable music and gaming devices.
- Seat belts are available for your safety.